Sleeping dreaming.
I went into the nursing home and found my dad smiling and recuperating from a stroke. He was happy to see me and was relearning to use his left hand with a touch screen tablet device. It was heart warming. He was real. He was there. He was alive. I felt the warmth of his skin while showing him where to touch the screen to get where he wanted to be. I heard the sound of his voice when he asked questions and laughed. He looked good and was doing well. I felt happy and relieved to see him. I kinda woke up and thought to myself that I need to call him. Then reality hit and I realized that he's dead. He has been for awhile now and I really miss him. I want to cry. I want to yell. I feel sad because I can't publicly mourn due to the wrongs he's done to others. I won't allow his shame to be theirs anymore. But still, I want to sit at his grave and chat. Maybe this was his way of letting me know he is ok. Finally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment