The room smelled of roses and lilac.
It didn't resonate.
Days later she says - it was you.
Paying us a visit.
Paying US a visit?
You came to see me?
Or did I just intrude on a moment in time.
She wasn't here.
But really neither was I.
I just entered the empty room and there it was.
I noticed it and gave it a single thought.
I didn't say a word to he who entered after me.
He didn't mention it either.
I believe it wasn't meant for him.
We both walked out.
I feel a loss.
You were never mine. Not really.
You loved the others, not me.
You said you felt put out when I came around.
You said HE made you feel that way.
I don't know how you felt.
I never really cared.
Roses and lilac?
You came for us?
She says you comfort her.
Why does she need comforted?
Why do you comfort her?
She says it's like you are showing her through your eyes.
You love her.
I'm sure of this.
I won't deny her this love.
She loves you too.
Roses and lilac.
I will never like them again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment